WHAT IS SET THE STAGE?
Set the Stage is a promotional platform designed to assist singers and singer-songwriters to build their audience. It is a unique event where artists perform in a Studio Theatre in front of a live studio audience. Each performance is recorded, mixed, mastered, filmed and edited in High Definition to give artists two live clips for a once only production fee.
Artists are selected to participate based on their musicality, individuality and professionalism.
This year, Set the Stage has partnered with Cyber Audience -Melbourne based online music marketing expert- who will divulge the most current online music marketing strategies throught an intimate masterclass.
Set the Stage is presented in association with:
Bradshaw Music Entreprises, an Independant Record Label committed to the new music movement.
B.A.D.A.S.S. (Bradshaw Artist Development And Singing System).
The production fee is $130.00 AUS and includes:
✓A digital version of your performance RECORDED, MIXED, MASTERED, FILMED and EDITED in HD (valued at $300)
✓Direct feedback from Australian music producer Lee Bradshaw
✓ Exclusive access to a music marketing masterclass (valued at $150)
✓ Three free tickets to your live recording session that you can give away.
• You must be a solo vocalist. All commercial genres of music are considered including Jazz, pop, rock, RnB, blues, musical theatre. Please note, strict classical vocalists will not be considered at this stage, however contestants may submit ONE classical piece as part of their repertoire if they wish.
• All contestants under the age of 18 years must have permission from their parent or guardian to enter Set The Stage and must also be accompanied by an adult whilst in the venue.
2. APPLICATION PROCESS
All artists must first qualify for a spot on Set the Stage through a process of pre selection.
Please fill out this form and submit a link of your best performance (YouTube or Soundcloud)! DO NOT send us files via email. An email will be sent to let you know if you have been selected to participate in Set The Stage.
3. SELECTION CRITERIA
Artists will be selected based on the following three criteria;
• Musicianship: The ability to sing in tune and in time; the use of dynamics and phrasing in a musical way.
• Individuality: We are looking for unique interpretations, or fusions of styles. Individuality is encouraged! We want to be inspired!
• Professionalism: The way an artist handles himself on and off the stage. The ability to engage the audience, and work with the stage crew. The way an artist behaves towards other artists.
4. FEES AND CHARGES
If your application is successful you will be required to submit a fee of $130 (non refundable).
This fee covers hire of the Live Studio Theatre, the recording engineer and film-maker, the marketing masterclass and entitles each artist to bring 3 guests to their performance. You will also receive an edited version of your filmed and recorded performance.
5. SCHEDULE POLICY
You will have THREE months after your payment to perform at one of Set The Stage's session. After this you will lose your payment and your registration to our event.
• More than 72h before the event: rescheduled to one of the next 2 Set The Stage's session. (no refund)
• Less than 72h before the event: no reschedule and no refund.
6. PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS
• Singers will then perform 2 songs in front of a live studio audience.
• Singers may perform to a backing track, or they may accompany themselves (a piano/keyboard will be provided courtesy of the venue) or bring an accompanist.
• Singers must provide all backing tracks (MP3 or wav format only) one week prior to their scheduled performance.
7. EVENT DATES
• The Set The Stage events will be scheduled the last Sunday of each month.
• Performers will be required for one session (each session lasts approximately 4hours)
• Each show will feature eight artists
8. TERMS & CONDITIONS
• Set the Stage reserves the right to add/reduce the number of shows. You formally approve Set The Stage & Bradshaw Music Productions to use your name, image and video to promote both yourself and the Set The Stage on the BMP/STS Websites and social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Performers that do not attend a performance without prior notice of absence: no reschedule and no refund.
• If you are unable to attend your scheduled performance event, please notify Set the Stage more than 72h before and we will reschedule your performance to one of our 2 next session.
• If you are unable to attend your scheduled performance event, and notify Set the Stage less than 72h before the event: no reschedule and no refund.
Set The Stage 2016 Contributors!
Set the Stage PARTNERS
Led by resident Producer Lee Bradshaw, BMP is an Independent Music Production House specialising in new and innovative music.
We provide production and recording services, artist development, musical branding, coaching and tailored creative services for Artists to pursue their creative endeavours with the highest level of artistic integrity.
"We serve the global community by collaborating with artists to develop new music with an original perspective."
BRADSHAW MUSIC ENTERPRISES - New Music Industry Support Network
Bradshaw Artist Development and Singing System (BADASS)
BADASS creates and delivers personalized development programs covering vocal production, A&R, live performance and musical branding to assist each artist reach their highest artistic potential.
Burwood Music Centre is proud to be hosting the second edition of Set the Stage.
The participants and audiences alike will be enjoying The Maven Room - our stunning performance theatre.
Behind the scenes our recording facilities will capture the event for the benefit of the participants.
Jarrah Film is a Video Production Business based in Melbourne specialising in content for musicians, Music Videos, Interviews & Live Performance Recordings.
Gary Robertson collaborates with artists to communicate with their audiences, both established and potential while allowing them to build and maintain an image that they are proud of.
Jarrah Film will be Filming and editing 'Set The Stage' from start to finish.
Based in Vienna, Brodmann Acoustics designs and manufactures world class hi-fi speakers and pianos. Brodmann Acoustics is proud to provide their flagship speaker, the impressive JB205, for the performance music playback during ‘Set the Stage'.
General Contact: 0450 233 841
Artist Contact: 0425 840 593